Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Buds of May - Sixth Artist is J9 Design Art

We are pleased to introduce a new artist to our show, Janine Hamilton of J9 Design Art.



My name is Janine Hamilton, and I live in Regina, SK.  I’ve always been into the arts and crafts, and about a year ago I picked up a book on wire wrapping. I’ve enjoyed it so much that I want to start selling my creations. 

Right now I mostly do wire wrapping and metal forming. Someday I would like to expand into other fields, such as, lampworking, glass blowing, sewing, pottery,  basically everything I can and someday I hope to teach a few classes. 

I’ve taken the first two jewellery classes with Melody Armstrong at the Neil Balkwell Center; which I enjoyed very much. I would say nature and spring inspire me quite a bit. I could spend hours outside watching the birds, bugs, and clouds go by, and spring just smells so good! A lot of my pieces have an organic feel to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment