Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring Flair 2013: Artist Dale's Flights of Fancy

JewelleryWon is so pleased to introduce a new artist to this show. Her name is Dale Howse-Meister and her jewellery is AWESOME and so unique.

Here is a little bit of information about Dale:





      I create unusual jewellery, the type you can't find in stores. My one of a kind jewelry pieces are conversation starters, and stand out in a crowd.

     I have been obsessed with “making things” since I was young. However, it seemed I was having difficulties finding the right medium for expressing myself. That ended when I discovered some blogs by my jewellery idols, Derryn Mentock, Susan Lenart Kazmer, Stephanie Lee, and Nina Bagley. When I learned that jewellery could be elevated into a form of art, I knew I had to try it myself. I became a self taught artist, and was immediately hooked. 

     Although I grew up here Regina, Canada, an opportunity arose just as I was starting to make jewellery. I moved overseas, and lived for 3 years in Seoul, South Korea. My time in Korea was very inspiring to me, and I feel it often shows in my work through the materials and designs I use.

     I am also inspired by stories and narratives, especially science fiction. I often have a plot or character in mind when designing pieces. All are born from within my Flights of Fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment