Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm Ready 'n' Rarin' To Go LOL


My jewellery bench is all set up now and my beadwork table is finally all cleared off, so already to get started. I've been 2 two of my lampwork classes and a studio session so I have some more of my beads to work with.

So far on my ToDo list:

  1. An order for a silver pair of earrings and possible pendant
  2. Bracelet with one of my own beads for a birthday gift
  3. A whole whackload of ideas to start
My lampwork teacher was kind enough to find me some tips on that Marmorin glass (incidentally I ended up with grey (blah!) beads) so I'm going to try again next class.

I'm also trying to make some Valentinish beads. I thought I would try to make a hollow bead with a heart inside. Well first try was, let's say interesting. When you see the end product you'd NEVER guess that is what I was trying for. I'll post a pic once it's annealed.

Second try worked, except my heart ended up sticking to the inside of my hollow bead so I'm not sure how "heartlike" it will appear. We'll have to see. I'm going to try again next class, too.

I tried out my Roadmap Millefiori, too. I think I like it better encased. I need to work with it a bit to get it to look how I want, though.





I DID end up with a bead that worked out how I wanted. :o)




Keep creating!

PSC (Prairie Sky Creations)



No comments:

Post a Comment