Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Greetings from EllJay Design!

This is my first blog post so if I tend to ramble a bit, please bear with me!
I have been doing silver work for about 2 years now and have found it to be one of the most rewarding creative endevours I have ever undertaken...I love it!

I didn't get much done before Christmas as I spent most of the month of December sick. I have been getting back into it this month and trying out some new ideas. I will be posting some pictures in the near future.

I am very excited because I am starting 3 new jewellery classes this week. I am taking a lampwork (level 1) class, a project class and a design class. I had my first class on Tuesday afternoon (project) and it went really well and I'm really happy to be back at it. This weekend I will start the other two. Hopefully between the three classes, I will be able to come up with some unique new stuff!

In February and March I will be teaching a class at BeadPlus (Golden Mile Shopping Centre) on fusing fine silver rings. I have never taught anything before (outside the military, a former occupation of mine) so it should be interesting. I am very excited about it. If you are interested in this class, check out the class schedule at BeadPlus.

I guess that's it for now. See you next time!
Cheers
Laura (EllJay Design)

No comments:

Post a Comment