Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Monday, January 11, 2010

Has anyone seen my mojo?

That's right. I've lost it! I know it's here somewhere, I'm either too lazy to look for it or it's disappeared entirely.

I need something to inspire me. What, I'm not sure. I have been so lazy since the holidays. Sometimes I think taking a hiatus from crafting of any sort would be a good idea. I sometimes drive myself a little crazy thinking about all the things I'd like to make...jotting down ideas as they flash through my head. Sadly, if I made even one quarter of what I think about making, I'd be well on my way. But to what exactly? Where exactly is it I'd like to be?

Someone once told me that I could never stop because it's just how I am. I have this tremendous drive to build things. To create something with my hands. Sometimes I think the problem is I just haven't found the right thing. I admire people that do know. I envy them!

When I first started to make my Charming Betties, I was obsessed. I'd say up till all hours of the morning, painting, gluing and soldering...like some mad scientist hovered over his bunson burner. I couldn't stop making them. I was sure this was the thing I was meant to do. I might still feel that way if I could have seen the same enthusiasm in the people around me. Oh, don't get me wrong. Everyone "said" they loved them...people still tell me they do. They just don't buy them. The interest I had hoped for isn't there. Is it wrong for me to give up? Should I try harder? Do I need to find a new market?

Things to think about. Either way, there's something else looming at the back of my mind, so if not Charming Betties...definitely something else....

Love,
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment