Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Saturday, January 23, 2010

White Eats Everything!

One thing about me is that I tend to try things that are difficult. I am also very "determined" (a nicer word than "stubborn"). I don't give up easily. Maybe it's just my competetive side, who knows.

The other night at lampwork class I got the wonderfully creative idea of making a plaid patterned bead. I have this grey glass that I've never used and never even had any inkling to use. What do you do with grey glass? So this idea comes to me to make a plaid bead--grey with white stripes and skinny black stripes and skinny red stripes and sort of a diagonal black-white stripe. I've never seen a plaid bead before (gee, I wonder why).

I made this grey tube bead and I randomly placed my white stripes using a white stringer (the store-bought kind...my mistake....these are too thick), my skinny black stringer (that I pulled), my skinny red stringer (that I pulled) and my black and white twisty (that I made). Another thing about me is I like everything symmetrical or at least balanced so placing stripes randomly is not necessarily an easy thing.

So I heat it all up to melt these stringers in. They melt in all right, all the way into the white. It swallowed everything up. You can't even see the grey bead any more. The twisty shows in places because it is made up of white as well. So note to self: White Eats Everything!

PSC (Prairie Sky Creations)

P.S. I'll post a pic of the bead once it is annealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment