Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Buds of May Artist Profile: STONEWENCH


STONEWENCH by Maria Hendrika

Creating jewellery is my “hands on” creative passion outside of my career which is my other passion.  After winning a beading kit at a local fundraising event a number of years ago, I became a regular student at the Neil Balkwill Arts Centre.  I continue to take classes and enjoy working with others, sharing ideas and learning new techniques. 

I work in sterling silver and copper and I love incorporating semi-precious stones and enamelled metals into my designs.  I find that inspiration can come from anywhere - nature, architecture or the colours and textures of everyday items. 

I am delighted to offer one of a kind wearable works of art to my customers

No comments:

Post a Comment