Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Buds of May Artist Profile: Myrna Allan



Jewellery handcrafted by Myrna Allan

I was raised in a small town in South West Saskatchewan.  Following graduation I moved to Regina to work with the provincial government.  When I retired I knew that I wanted to do something creative once again, so I enrolled in jewellery courses at Neil Balkwill Civic Arts Centre.  For the past nine years I have continued to learn and improve my skills.  I incorporate many of these acquired techniques and skills into my own Jewellery designs.

Characteristically, my Jewellery is colourful, petite and delicate.  Each piece is unique, demonstrating simple line and form and no two are exactly the same.  I apply many of the silversmithing techniques using sterling silver, copper, brass, titanium and niobium to design and create my Jewellery.  I have always loved colour and I enjoy experimenting and producing many colours which I incorporate into my designs.

Throughout the time at the studio I have met many wonderful people.  It’s been a great way to be creative and socialize at the same time. The social aspect of meeting other creative people is just what I wanted to fulfill my retirement.


I hope you will enjoy wearing my Jewellery as much as I enjoy making and designing the one of a kind pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment