Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Buds of May - Artist Profile: Prairie Sky Creations


Prairie Sky Creations by Laurie Walton

My name is Laurie Walton and I am the co-founder of JewelleryWon. I am a metal/glass/jewellery artist and I love to play with colour combinations and shapes, just like the different colours and shapes in the sky. My jewellery creations incorporate my metalwork, my handmade glass beads, my etching and my enamelling.

In 2013, I become a Juried Member of the Saskatchewan Craft Council. My jewellery is availableat Traditions Handcraft Gallery (2714 13 Ave, Regina, SK).


Recently, I have shifted my focus to creating exclusively designed jewellery that reflects the personality and uniqueness of each person who is the inspiration for the piece. I love to work with people, getting to know more about them, their interests and their personalities in order to create something that is uniquely for them and about them. A lot of care, thought, artistry and skill goes into each one-of-a-kind Inspired piece of jewellery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment