Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Buds of May - Artist Profile: Jewellery by Joanne


Jewellery by Joanne

Tansi, my name is Joanne Pelletier and I am a retired teacher, currently living in the village of Lebret.  I have been an avid beader for over 30 years and started making jewelry after participating in a workshop on making quill and seed bead earrings.  This motivated me to learn more about beaded jewelry and, using how-to-bead books, was soon was making necklaces, earrings and bracelets.  The first time I attended BeadExpo in Santa Fe, I was inspired by the sheer volume and variety of gemstone, pearl and designer beads.  I also discovered the benefits of on-line shopping, which makes the high end supplies that I use in my jewellery, readily available.  I began by selling to family, friends and colleagues, but now that I am retired, I am able to make my hobby a full time job.  One of the things I enjoy most about designing and making jewelry is the excitement and joy of seeing the pieces come together, resulting in a distinctive and wearable piece of art.  My jewellery is for that woman that truly enjoys a lot of bling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment