Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Friday, April 29, 2011

Buds of May - Seventh Artist is Holly Ripplinger

Holly Ripplinger

Regina Sask

I started designing jewelry last summer and absolutely fell in love with it. I have my two Miniature Schnauzers to thank for this, as I was walking them they took me down a gopher hole. I injured my knee and could not do a lot, so I purchased a book and some supplies and started and fell in love with it.

It quickly took off and I was asked to provide Jewelry for a Grad Fashion show and then to have my jewelry available for purchase in the store that sponsorred Fashion Show.

I have taken classes from Debb Parent at Bead Plus and she has been so helpful and supportive and given me such great guidence. If it were not for her, I probably would not have continued!

I love every aspect of jewelery making from working with Crystals, semi precious stones, pmc silver, Chainmaille.

My favourite materials are working with Swarvoski Crystals and different Chainmaiile weaves. I love to figure out the new weaves and add the Beautiful Swarvoski Crystals to them to add the elegance and bling that only Swarovski has, and then adjusting the weave so make matching earrings, necklaces etc.

What I enjoy most about making jewelry is cusom designing an item that has meaning to someone and making beautiful and elegant jewelry that will make someone feel good when wearing it whether you are wearing it for an every day purpose or a special occassion. I do design my jewelry so that it can be worn for both every day and special occassion, so you can get a lot of wear out of it. I will meet with Brides and Grads to design something for their special day, with their input, so it is unique.

Looking forward to meeting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment