Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Friday, April 29, 2011

Buds of May - Fourth Artist is Stonewench Jewellery


 
 

Maria Hendrika, Regina

I’ve always enjoyed making things. I used to sew all of my clothes - often to go with favourite pieces of jewellery. Now I choose my clothes as a backdrop for the jewellery I make.

I started making necklaces 5 years ago after winning beads and leather at a fundraising event. Since then, I have taken numerous classes at the Neil Balkwill Arts Centre. I work mostly in sterling silver and copper and I love working with rocks. Semi-precious stones inspire me - I love the colours, the patterns and the weight of stone.

I have always enjoyed wearing unique jewellery items and I’m delighted to be able to provide one of a kind pieces for my customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment