Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Harvest Hues - First Artist is Stonewench



Maria Hendrika, Regina

I’ve always enjoyed making things.  I used to sew all of my clothes - often to go with favourite pieces of jewellery.  Now I choose my clothes as a backdrop for the jewellery I make.
I started making necklaces 5 years ago after winning beads and leather at a fundraising event.   Since then, I have taken numerous classes at the Neil Balkwill Arts Centre.  I work mostly in sterling silver and copper and I love working with rocks.  Semi-precious stones inspire me - I love the colours, the patterns and the weight of stone. 
I have always enjoyed wearing unique jewellery items and I’m delighted to be able to provide one of a kind pieces for my customers. 
I work under the name STONEWENCH and hope to see you at the Harvest Hues sale. 



No comments:

Post a Comment