Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Harvest Hues - Fourth Artist is joni originals





Joan Pederson
Owner, joni originals--Creative Jewellery
Regina, Saskatchewan

I’ve always loved stones and used to collect them as a child.  I started designing jewellery as a therapy about five years ago after my parents had passed away.  Through self-teaching and help from friends I learned more about semi-precious stones and sterling silver.  After I lost my job, I started spending more time on my jewellery, attending Bead Shows for wholesalers in Tucson, Arizona, and looking for opportunities to sell-- beyond my network of friends and relatives! 
I’m always looking for unique stones, different colors and shapes. I also look for other metals as an alternative to sterling silver.  My goal is to make each jewellery piece unique … no two the same.  I may use similar stones but the designs are all different. I look for stones that are not common to Saskatchewan.  Although I use semi-precious stones, I strive to keep my costs down and my prices reasonable so that they are affordable for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment