Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sparkle! - First Artist is joni originals!


Joan Pederson

Owner, joni originals--Creative Jewellery
Regina, Saskatchewan

I’ve always loved stones and used to collect them as a child. I started designing jewellery as a therapy about five years ago after my parents had passed away. Through self-teaching and help from friends I learned more about semi-precious stones and sterling silver. After I lost my job, I started spending more time on my jewellery, attending Bead Shows for wholesalers in Tucson, Arizona, and looking for opportunities to sell--beyond my network of friends and relatives!
I’m always looking for unique stones, different colors and shapes. I also look for other metals as an alternative to sterling silver. My goal is to make each jewellery piece unique … no two the same. I may use similar stones but the designs are all different. I look for stones that are not common to Saskatchewan.

Although I use semi-precious stones, I strive to keep my costs down and my prices reasonable so that they are affordable for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment