Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Harvest Hues Artist Profile: MG Gems







MG Gems

I am a gemologist and chainmaille artist. I design and create unique, handcrafted gemstone and chainmaille jewellery, incorporating precious and semi-precious gemstones with sterling and fine silver, 14K gold filled, vermeil, copper, and bronze.

I have been involved in creative pursuits for many years, from drawing and painting, to pottery (member of the Saskatoon Potters Guild in the 1970’s), to jewellery design and creation.

Since 2008, I have focused on designing and creating chainmaille jewellery. I especially enjoy the challenge of developing new ways to incorporate gemstones and glass beads into chainmaille designs. I find working with clients to design unique, custom pieces especially rewarding.

My work is available at the Mendel Art Gallery Gift shop, the MacKenzie Gallery gift shop, and on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment