Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sparkle! - Twelfth Artist is Did-it Designs

Cheryl Krett
Did-it Designs

In early school report cards, teachers would write, “Encourage her in art; she shows great potential.” Thankfully, I have been able to enjoy a lifetime of creating art and crafts of all sorts, which have sold in local stores and the McKenzie Art Gallery. I am a relative newcomer to the art of jewellery-making, having received instruction on bracelet-making from a co-worker only a year ago. My husband is pretty happy with my new venture, as jewellery-making takes up way less room in our home than my Christmas craft supplies!

Since making my first bracelet, I have added earrings and necklaces to my repertoire. I am fascinated by the ability to put together one-of-a-kind jewellery pieces using glass, semi-precious stones, wood and metal. Colour and texture inspire my creations and I would define my style as “eclectic.” As I experiment with new materials and techniques, I find my work is evolving to new levels. My desire is to create pieces that evoke a positive emotional response from every wearer. I hope you will find as much joy in wearing my jewellery as I do in making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment