Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Buds of May Artist Profile: Teresa Moxley




Teresa Moxley

My name is Teresa Moxley and I live in Regina. I began making jewellery from fine silver after taking a 3-hour introductory session at a convention in Edmonton. I was instantly fascinated with this medium and enrolled in a 3-day course in Sherwood Park, AB, where I received my Instructor’s Certificate.
I love the challenges involved with precious metal clay. If I work too slowly, the clay dries out and I have to hydrate it and start over. I love the flexibility it presents, allowing me to shape a free form, apply textures, add layers and bend it into whatever shape I can imagine. After firing it, it becomes 99.99% pure silver. To date I have mainly focused on pendants and earrings but I hope to include some rings in the Buds of May 2014 show.

No comments:

Post a Comment