Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Harvest Hues Artist Profile: Jewellery by Joanne





Jewellery by Joanne

Tansi, my name is Joanne Pelletier and I am a retired teacher, currently living in the beautiful village of Lebret. I have been an avid beader for over 30 years and started making jewellery after participating in a workshop on making quill and seed bead earrings. This motivated me to learn more about beaded jewellery and, using how-to-bead books, I was soon making necklaces, earrings and bracelets. 


The first time I attended BeadExpo in Santa Fe, I was inspired by the sheer volume and variety of gemstone, pearl and designer beads. I also discovered the benefits of on-line shopping, which makes the high-end supplies that I use in my jewellery, readily available. I began by selling to family, friends and colleagues, but now that I am retired, I am able to make my hobby a full-time job. 

One of the things I enjoy most about designing and making jewellery is the excitement and joy of seeing the pieces come together, resulting in a distinctive and wearable piece of art. My jewellery is for the woman who truly enjoys a lot of bling!!





No comments:

Post a Comment