Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sparkle! - Tenth Artist is joni originals




Joan Pederson
Owner, joni originals--Creative Jewellery
Regina, Saskatchewan

I’ve always loved stones and used to collect them as a child.  I started designing jewellery as a therapy a few years ago after my parents had passed away.  Through self-teaching and help from friends I learned more about semi-precious stones and sterling silver.  After I lost my job, I started spending more time on my jewellery, attending Bead Shows for wholesalers in Tucson, Arizona, and looking for opportunities to sell-- beyond my network of friends and relatives! 
I’m always looking for unique stones, different colors and shapesI also look for other metals as an alternative to sterling silver.  My goal is to make each jewellery piece unique … no two the same.  I may use similar stones but the designs are all different. I look for stones that are not common to Saskatchewan.  Although I use semi-precious stones, I strive to keep my costs down and my prices reasonable so that they are affordable for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment