Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sparkle! - Sixth Artist is AltraKarta




AltraKarta
Artist Name: Cassidy
City: Regina
How I got started making jewellery:  I had left my job to pursue a new path and while deciding which path to take I decided to get back in touch with my inner artist as I had loved anything art related in my youth.  I had begun drawing again, a long time passion of mine, and then started dabbling in découpage which brought me to creating and designing my bracelets that are mainly découpage and from there my business AltraKarta was born.
What kinds of jewellery I create:   I started with bracelets but have now branched out and include earrings and necklaces to my collection and plan on adding hair accessories and various other accessories to my line in the future.  Although I use a few different mediums, the majority of my jewellery is made from paper and is created using a découpage technique or incorporates paper in some way.  I also do custom creations on request.
What types of things inspire me:  Anything and everything inspires me but my main inspirations come from nature, music, movies & fashion.  I try to create items that would appeal to all types of people and try to have something for everyone with all kinds of interests and styles. 
What do I enjoy most about creating jewellery:  I love having a creative outlet.  When I am creating jewellery any and all stress disappears, it’s like my mind is concentrating only on the task at hand.  It’s a really great way for me to de-stress, unwind and recharge.  There’s nothing like creating something you love with your own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment