Text

Creativity Expressed Through Adornment

Friday, September 14, 2012

Harvest Hues - First Artist is Myrna's Jewellery




Jewellery Handcrafted by Myrna Allan

Throughout my years of living in Regina, I’ve been a regular attending all the various nearby craft shows and purchasing unique gifts for family and friends.  I never thought I would eventually be someone that would have a table and sell my own wares.

I’ve always enjoyed creating different things with my hands, however, that was put on hold when I was deeply entrenched in work life.  When I retired from the provincial government, I knew that I wanted to do something creative once again.

In 2007, I registered for my first Jewellery class at Neil Balkwill Civic Arts Centre.  I’ve taken numerous classes and learned many different techniques.  Today I continue to take classes to improve my skills and incorporate many of the learned techniques into my Jewellery.

I really enjoy working with a variety of metals (silver, copper, brass, titanium, and niobium) to make and design my Jewellery.

Throughout the time at the studio I have met many wonderful people.  It’s been a great way to be creative and socialize at the same time. The social aspect of meeting others that are also creating is just what I wanted to fulfill my retirement.

Most of my Jewellery is fairly petite and delicate, with simple lines.  I believe my pieces are unique to themselves and no two are exactly the same, something is always a wee bit different.

 I hope you will enjoy wearing my Jewellery as much as I enjoy making and designing the one of a kind pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment